Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm Trying to Be like Jesus

Objective: Jesus Christ’s life is an example to me
Song: “I’m Trying to Be like Jesus” ( CS pg. 78-79)

Presidency Member:
  • Introduce objective using John 3:15. (1 min.)
  • Share the story of Christ and the children and talk about how Christ loves them as much as he loved the children in the story. (GAK 216) (Matt. 19: 13-15, Mark 10:13-16, or Luke 18:15-17) (2 min.)
  • Tell the children to listen for how they should love others as you read John 3:34 then let them tell you what they heard. (2 min.)

Music Leader: (3 min.) Teach the chorus of the song. Ask questions like the following:

  • How should we love one another?
  • When should we show kindness?
  • When should we be gentle and loving? (by the way--What are deeds and thoughts?)
  • Who taught us to be this way?

Presidency Member: (10 min.) Story of the Good Samaritan. (GAK 218) (Luke 10:29-37)

Music Leader: (2 min.) Teach first ½ of second verse. Ask questions like the following:

  • Who am I trying to love?
  • Who am I learning to serve?
  • What kind of day will it be when Jesus comes again?

Presidency Member: (3 min.) Talk about some things Jesus Christ taught us like the following:

  • baptism (GAK 208) (Matt. 3:16-17)
  • prayer (3 Nephi 13)

Music Leader: (2 min.) Teach second ½ of second verse and review all of second verse. Ask questions like the following:

  • What do I try to remember?
  • What enters into my thoughts?

Presidency Member: (3 min.) Let children share stories or tell about ways they have tried to follow Christ’s example (you may want to ask them in advance).

Music Leader: (2 min.) Teach first ½ of first verse. Ask questions like the following:

  • How am I trying to be like Jesus?
  • When am I trying to love as he did?

Presidency Member: (3 min.) Tell a story from the Friend about a child being tempted to make a bad choice and listening to the still small voice instead.

Music Leader: (2 min.) Teach second ½ of first verse and review all of first verse. Ask questions like the following:

  • At times I am tempted to do something.
  • What am I tempted to do?
  • But then I try to listen to something. What do I listen to?

Presidency Member: (2 min.) Review objective and share testimony

Music Leader: (3 min.)Review entire song

No comments: